Community Update — Oct. 25, 2023
- Hearing/Vision Screening: Nurse Shellee will screen all students on Nov. 15, 16, and 17. We would like to have 2–3 volunteers each day to help bring classes to the screen area and help keep kids organized. Parents can volunteer for a whole day or a morning or afternoon shift.
- Veterans Day Assembly: We are asking families to invite any Veterans in your family or community to come to our Veterans Day Assembly at Arbor Heights so we can honor them on Thursday, Nov. 9, from 8–9 a.m. We would like them to introduce themselves, e.g., name, branch of service, and years of service, and share a 1–2 minute story about their service (if they would like). Please reach out to Mary Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 1 with the name of the Veteran(s) you invited and their contact information so we can reserve a spot for them.
- Volunteers Wanted! We wish to extend an invitation to our families and community members to help assist in our cafeteria and on our playground between 11:20 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. each day (smaller shifts are available within that time period). If you would like to help out or want more information, please email Alana Haider email@example.com and Darren Frink firstname.lastname@example.org (include both of them in your email). Requirement: You must be an “approved” volunteer by completing an SPS Volunteer Application.
- Harvest Dance: Join us for our annual Harvest Dance on Nov. 3 from 6:30–7:45 p.m. at the school. Because of safety reasons, we ask that you read this year’s modified rules & expectations for the event. Also, please RSVP by Oct. 30 and consider volunteering if you can (over 10 volunteer slots still need to be filled to make this event happen).
- Fall Garden Party & Community Cider Press: Join us for a cup of hot cider on Saturday, Oct. 28, from 1–4 p.m. in the Arbor Heights Garden. Bring your apples to press into cider and a jug/bottle to take it home, then join us for planting bulbs and painting rocks for a colorful spring.
From the PTSA
After-School Enrichment: Enrollment for Jump Rope For Fun and Fitness has announced extended enrollment through this weekend for students who would like to participate. The class fee will be prorated for the remaining sessions, and new students can join on the Oct. 31! Learn single rope jump rope skills, partner routines, long rope games, and double dutch by a World Champion athlete and former artist and coach of Cirque Du Soleil — Rene Bibaud. Open to students in Grades 2-5 of all skill levels. Register for Jump Rope For Fun and Fitness
For more great information about our amazing Arbor Heights PTSA, go to their website at https://arborheightsptsa.org/