Arbor Heights Social Worker
Primary services provided by our school social worker:
- Classroom lessons focused on kindness, friendship skills, problem solving and social-emotional learning, etc.
- Small groups e.g. friendship groups, social skills groups, grief and loss support, divorce support.
- Individual work with students to address various topics, e.g. grief/loss, divorce, new to our school, serious illness of student/family member, anxiety, friendship problems, etc.
- Supporting children and families in crisis.
- Connecting families to community and mental health resources
- Coordinating 504 accommodation plans for students in need
- Coordinating the school?s Backpack Program which provides food bags for the weekend for students in need
- Collaborating with families, teachers, and other educators
How to access services
Anyone can access or request services for a student if concerns arise. Referrals can be sent to the social worker by families, teachers, administrators. Students can also self-refer.