Community Update — Nov. 1, 2023
November 1, 2023
- Lost & Found is overflowing! We decided to delay our scheduled donation day (Oct. 27) until after the Harvest Dance so that more people have a chance to reclaim a child’s missing items. We will have everything on display during the Harvest Dance and then will haul away/donate remaining items over the weekend.
- Hearing/Vision Screening: Nurse Shellee will screen all students on Nov. 15, 16, and 17. We would like to have 2–3 volunteers each day to help bring classes to the screen area and help keep kids organized. Parents can volunteer for a whole day or a morning or afternoon shift. Would you consider donating a few hours of your time?
- Veterans Day Assembly: We are asking families to invite any Veterans in your family or community to come to our Veterans Day Assembly at Arbor Heights so we can honor them on Thursday, Nov. 9, from 8–9 a.m. We would like them to introduce themselves, e.g., name, branch of service, and years of service, and share a 1–2 minute story about their service (if they would like). Please reach out to Mary Sanderson at email@example.com by Nov. 1 with the name of the Veteran(s) you invited and their contact information so we can reserve a spot for them. Current Arbor Heights parents/guardians are also welcome to attend. Please plan to arrive by early to sign in at the front office and get your visitors badge. Veteran guests will also be required to sign in too.
- Volunteers Wanted! We wish to extend an invitation to our families and community members to help assist in our cafeteria and on our playground between 11:20 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. each day (smaller shifts are available within that time period). If you would like to help out or want more information, please email Alana Haider firstname.lastname@example.org and Darren Frink email@example.com (include both of them in your email). Requirement: You must be an “approved” volunteer by completing an SPS Volunteer Application.
- Harvest Dance: We look forward to seeing everyone who RSVP’d for our Harvest Dance on Nov. 3 from 6:30–7:45 p.m. at the school. Because of safety reasons, we ask that you read this year’s modified rules & expectations for the event. We still need 3 more volunteers for the event as of this publishing. Please consider volunteering if you can.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: We sincerely hope all parents/guardians can attend! You should have received your invitation to sign up for a conference from your child’s teacher. Ask the teacher for clarification if you require more information. We prefer that all conferences be held in person, but we understand that’s not always possible and will arrange for virtual conferences, should you require that option. Please let us know how we can help you!
Hour of Code
PTSA Executive Board Meeting
December 7 @ 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
1 hour early dismissal: Winter Break
Lost & Found Donation Day
December 15 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
From the PTSA
For more great information about our amazing Arbor Heights PTSA, go to their website at https://arborheightsptsa.org/