Summer Reading BINGO
Summary: We invite all Jr. Seahawks to participate in our Summer Reading BINGO!
Let’s get reading! We invite all Jr. Seahawks to participate in our Summer Reading BINGO! It is an optional activity for Arbor Heights students to do during the summer.
How to Play
- Get a BINGO card from Ms. Lindow before the end of the 2021–22 school year (she handed them out to students during class library times in June).
- Choose a reading activity on the BINGO card, and when it’s complete, mark that you completed the activity.
- Bring your completed BINGO card to school in September.
There are two ways to play:
Complete 5 spaces in a row (across, down, or diagonal) to get your name on the BINGO board and a small prize!
Complete all 25 spaces on the BINGO card to get your name on the BINGO board and join Ms. Lindow for a special treat in the library.
- You must complete only one space per day on your BINGO card.
- If you find you are unable to complete a space, just substitute another reading activity.
- Have a parent/guardian sign your BINGO card before returning it to Ms. Lindow in September.
Summer Reading Resources
2022 Association for Library Service to Children (a division of the ALA) Summer Reading Lists — book lists organized by age/grade level
Washington Library Association 2023 Book Award Nominees
Pacific Northwest Library Association’s Young Reader’s Choice Award 2023 Nominees (Junior Division Grades 4-6)
Capstone Virtual Summer Camp Adventure — bi-weekly choice boards with reading activities and access to 120 free ebooks